Band Aid Grants
MusiCounts Band Aid Grants are intended to equip school music programs with the necessities to give students the chance to discover their talent, empowering them with skills that will help them excel both in the classroom and beyond! These grants have the potential to be transformational and impact thousands of young Canadians and support diverse music programs in communities across Canada.
Applications will be accepted starting September 9 through to November 8, 2013 at 5pm EST. Grant recipients will be announced in early, 2014.
MusiCounts Band Aid Grants are awarded in $5,000 and $10,000 allotments and go toward the purchase of musical instruments and educational equipment. The total amount of grants given out depend on the program budget each year.
MusiCounts Band Aid Grants are awarded to public (elementary, secondary & separate) schools in Canada. The grants impact thousands of young Canadians and support diverse music programs that include concert and jazz bands to drum and guitar ensembles from Pre K to Grade 12 in elementary, junior high and high schools in urban, rural, remote and First Nations communities from coast to coast.
The following types of organizations, activities or purposes are not eligible for grant consideration:
- School music programs outside of Canada
- Schools that charge tuition
- Private foundations
- Political organizations
- Athletic teams or social groups
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion
- Organizations or events which are not open to members of the general public
- Research organizations or projects
- Fundraising events (e.g., golf tournaments, school events)
- Scholarship organizations
The MusiCounts Band Aid Grant recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Socio-economic need
- Inventory and conditions of instruments
- Number of students impacted by the music program.
- Dedication of school staff community
- Overall impact the MusiCounts Band Aid Grant will make within the school and the local community.
To apply for a grant, or for more information, please click here: