The MusiCounts Accelerate Scholarship
This annual scholarship program will help accelerate the careers of 4-6 aspiring music professionals who are nearing the completion of their post-secondary studies in music. Through a financial award and an intensive mentorship and networking experience, this scholarship will have a significant and long-lasting impact on the lives of young people who are on track to get started in the music industry.
Cassidy Glecoff, a 2019 MusiCounts Accelerate Scholarship recipient at Revolution Recording
- Each post-secondary institution in Canada may nominate up to three students who are nearing the completion of their post-secondary studies in music performance, music production, or music business.
- Each year, 4-6 students are selected to receive the MusiCounts Accelerate Scholarship. Recipients will be awarded a $5,000 cash prize and will participate in an intensive, all-expenses paid music industry mentorship experience in Toronto. The Mentorship Program will be offered virtually during the pandemic.
Nominations are currently closed for the 2021 program. Nominations will open again in Spring 2022. Learn more about the 2020 MusiCounts Accelerate Scholarship recipients and their Mentorship Experience.
Accelerate Scholarship Recipients engage with industry mentors during the Accelerate Mentorship Experience
Why does this program exist?
Building a career in music can be a huge challenge. This program exists to help aspiring music professionals bridge the gap between studying music and entering the music workforce by providing financial support and unique mentorship opportunities.
Who is this program for?
This program aims to support the next generation of performers, producers, and music industry workers. The Accelerate Scholarship is awarded to students who show great potential and are serious about building a career in music. MusiCounts prioritizes awarding this scholarship to young professionals who will benefit the most from participating in the mentorship component of the program.
How does it work?
- Post-secondary institutions are prompted to nominate students for the scholarship.
- All nominees are invited to submit an online application showcasing their work and describing why they believe they should be selected to receive the scholarship.
- All applications are adjudicated by a committee of industry leaders and 4-6 recipients are selected.