May 8, 2023
- POSITION: Coordinator, Programs
- LOCATION: Remote (Quebec residents preferred)
- POSITION DETAILS: Full-time, Permanent
- REPORTS TO: Nick Godsoe (Senior Manager, Programs & Education)
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 26 2023
- START DATE: July 2023
MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with CARAS and the JUNO Awards, believes all youth should have access to the life-changing benefits of music and music education. We work to make music education accessible, sustainable, and inclusive for kids who need it most. We achieve this by allocating instruments, equipment, and resources to schools across Canada that are under-resourced, geographically isolated, or struggling to meet the diverse needs of their students.
MusiCounts is thrilled to welcome applications for the role of Coordinator, Programs. This new position will support the MusiCounts Programs team with the expansion of our offerings, and will play a key role in the administration of MusiCounts’ grant programs. This individual will offer frontline support in both French and English to MusiCounts stakeholders across the country, lead equity-focused outreach strategies, oversee grant disbursements, and generate insightful, data-driven reports.
In collaboration with other members of the Programs team, the successful candidate will focus their time on the following areas:
Applicant & Grantee Support (30%)
- Act as the first point of contact over phone and email to prospective and successful applicants to MusiCounts programs, in English and French.
- Host virtual meetings with applicants and grantees to support them through the application and/or allocation process.
- Troubleshoot technical issues pertaining to the online MusiCounts Application/ Adjudication Portal with program applicants, grantees, and adjudicators as needed.
Database Management & Reporting (25%)
- Maintain clean and accurate records in Blackbaud Grantmaking (MusiCounts’ grant management system); conduct ongoing data validation, correction and cleanup.
- Consolidate, interpret and visualize large data sets; create reports that make complex information more understandable and usable for internal and external stakeholders.
Financial Administration & Grant Allocation (25%)
- Support the allocation and invoicing process for all MusiCounts grant programs.
- Liaise with retailer stakeholders from across the country; facilitate payments and reconciliation processes as needed.
Outreach & Relationship-Building (20%)
- In collaboration with the Programs team, support with the development & execution of targeted outreach strategies for all of MusiCounts’ national programs.
- Liaise with stakeholders and constituents across Canada to increase awareness of programs; build strategic relationships on a national scale to support this.
- Leverage your fluency in the French language to build strong relationships in Francophone communities in Canada, particularly in Quebec.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
- Postsecondary education (degree, diploma or certificate) in a related field is required.
- 1-2 years of professional experience relating to some of the job responsibilities listed above is an asset. Recent graduates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Education and/or experience in data management, analysis, and visualization is an asset.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills in both English and French is required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- An evidenced track record of prioritizing equity, diversity and inclusion in professional contexts.
- A love of music, as a creator or appreciator.
- Given the remote nature of the role, this successful candidate must be self-motivated, diligently communicative, and comfortable working independently, while also being a part of a small, highly collaborative team.
CULTURE & COMPENSATION
MusiCounts has a positive, inclusive and flexible work environment that is team focused. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and health benefits. Employees also benefit from reduced summertime hours and holiday office closures.
Some travel within Canada will be required to fulfill the duties of this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé in English to: Norine Shen - firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
MusiCounts embraces the diversity of all people, including those with disabilities, and aims to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace where employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, a person of colour, as having a disability and/or as a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, we would be happy to work with you to meet your needs.